Opportunities for committed, reliable & hard working skilled & un-skilled individuals have been created within our successful Internal Stairs and Associated Joinery business based in Walsall, West Midlands, working as part of an established team producing & assembling wood products.
Job Purpose: To assist with the production of internal timber stairs and associated joinery items manufactured in accordance with dictated specification to the highest quality standards.
Reporting to: Section Team Leader
Hours of Work: 15:15 – 01:45 Mon –Thur. Overtime as and when required
Salary: Hourly rate dependent upon experience, paid monthly via electronic transfer
Holidays: 28 days per annum including Bank Holidays & Christmas Shutdown Period
Pension: Nest (3%ER, 5%EE)
- The machining of staircase component parts.
- Liaise with forklift drivers to supply product for machining.
- To carryout general maintenance of CNC machines and to report major defects.
- To work within the defined standards of ISO9001, FSC & Stair schemes maintaining documentation as directed.
- To carryout quality checks on product in line with the company’s ISO9001 Standard, including the maintenance of records where required.
- To assist in getting product ready for despatch.
- To assist other machinist when necessary.
- To liaise with key personnel, including Production Manager, Production Supervisor, Materials Controller, Team Leaders and Forklift Drivers.
- To assist in the training of operatives to a proper standard with particular regard to quality and safety.
- Maintain maintenance and training records as applicable.
- To maintain reasonable standard of housekeeping within the department.
- To operate safely and effectively.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of using Masterwood CNC machines or equivalent timber-based CNC’s
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to read drawings.
- An understanding of basic woodwork and assembly of products.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete requests.
- Must have manual dexterity and able to use hand tools when required.
- Carpentry & Joinery NVQ / City & Guilds – an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- This role is working within a production environment; you will be expected to be able to perform directed duties that will involve the lifting of raw materials such as timber products. The appropriate personal protective equipment will be provided and you will receive mandatory training as part of your induction in best practices such as manual handling.
- Pro-active and a team player yet able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Physically fit to perform the role described.
This job description whilst comprehensive, is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities, but is meant to be a guide. Employees will be expected to carry out any reasonable request to perform tasks outside this job description. The definition of ‘reasonable’ will depend upon the nature of the task, the individual’s ability to perform the task and other contributory factors.