Job Purpose: To assist with the production of internal timber stairs and associated joinery items manufactured in accordance with dictated specification to the highest quality standards.
Reporting to: Section Team Leader
Hours of Work: 07:00 – 15:30 Mon –Thu and 07:00 – 14:30 Fri. Overtime as and when required
Salary: Hourly rate dependent upon experience, paid weekly via electronic transfer
Holidays: 28 days per annum including Bank Holidays & Christmas Shutdown Period
Pension: Nest (3%ER, 5%EE)
- Day & Night shifts available
- Fixed term / temp / perm contracts available
- School leavers & students considered
- Work trial days available
- Immediate starts
- Carry out tasks as directed by Team Leader that assists towards the manufacture of timber stairs. Example tasks may include housekeeping duties, machining, preparing & assembling components of door set related products and joinery items.
- Safe use of hand tools provided.
- Safe use of CNC machines, training will be provided.
- Assisting staff in other departments to ensure goods are ready for despatch.
- To liaise with key personnel, including Production Manager, Production Supervisor, Material Controller, Team Leaders and Forklift Drivers, particularly with regard to stock levels.
- To work within the defined standards of ISO9001, FSC & Stair schemes maintaining documentation as directed.
- Maintain maintenance and training records as applicable.
- To maintain reasonable standard of housekeeping within the department.
- To operate safely and effectively.
Qualifications / Experience
- Carpentry & Joinery NVQ / City & Guilds – an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- An understanding of basic woodwork and assembly of products – desirable.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete requests.
- Must have manual dexterity and able to use hand tools.
- This role is working within a production environment; you will be expected to be able to perform directed duties that will involve the lifting of raw materials such as timber products. The appropriate personal protective equipment will be provided and you will receive mandatory training as part of your induction in best practices such as manual handling.
- Pro-active and a team player yet able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Physically fit to perform the role described.
This job description whilst comprehensive, is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities but is meant to be a guide. Employees will be expected to carry out any reasonable request to perform tasks outside this job description. The definition of ‘reasonable’ will depend upon the nature of the task, the individual’s ability to perform the task and other contributory factors.